FIND : Students / Tutors
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is Studyzone?
Studyzone.info is India’s leading marketplace for quality home/online tuitions, connecting budding and passionate teachers to students across the country. We have a network of highly qualified and filtered tutor-partners to teach your child, helping him/her build a strong foundation in key subject areas.
2. How does home tuition work in Studyzone?
As a parent or student you can buy subscription for 1 month (Rs 500), 3 months (Rs 1000) or 12 months (Rs 1600). The subscription allows you to contact the teachers and have fixed number of free demo classes at your home/online.
As a tutor looking for home tuitions near you, can subscribe for the relevant package and look for students accessible range.
3. I don’t feel comfortable paying subscription money without meeting the tutor?
You can always request for a conference call with the tutor before paying the subscription amount.
4. How do I pay tuition fee?
You can pay weekly or monthly tuition fee to your tutor after the classes. We discourage advance payment for tuitions.
5. I have selected a tutor but he is asking me not to inform studyzone about this.
Most of our tutors understand that not getting rated by a parent will reduce their rating on the platform. Also,a parent will not be entitled to free 30 days replacement if they do not confirm a tutor within 7 days of a demo class. They will also lose their ability to rate the tutor on Studyzone platform.
6. I am a parent looking for home/online tuition for my son/daughter. How do I contact you?
Really simple! Just click here and subscribe as a student. You can select tutors near you from the profiles.
7. I have exhausted all the demos that are allowed in the given subscription. Yet, I have still not found a suitable tutor for my son/daughter. Am I eligible for a refund of the subscription fee?
No, the subscription fee is non-refundable.
8. Why should I take 12 months subscription?
If you are looking for a long term tuition, it may be advantageous to go for 12 months subscription in place of renewing it few times.
9. Why do you have limited number of demos in my subscription?
Each demo involves travel and time commitment from our tutors. Failing a demo has a consequence on the rating of the tutor. Also the tutor’s confidence takes a hit if he is not successful. Please speak to the tutor over phone and assess his suitability for communication, timings, availability and subject matter expertise. This will ensure that the tutor is not rejected for any reason other than his/her teaching ability.
10. What is so special about Studyzone? There are enough other competing services in the market.
We have a very strong filtering process which checks for tutor’s knowledge and delivery. You can be rest assured that all our tutors have been extensively vetted by our experts, before being assigned to you and therefore, you will have nothing to worry regarding the quality of your child’s teacher.
11. Can I pay the tuition fee after the month is over?
Please speak to your tutor and clarify this. Most of our tutors are comfortable with monthly payment.
12. Is it safe to trust a stranger with my kid?
Home tuition presupposes that a kid is unlikely to be familiar with the tutor from the beginning. However, you can request a conference call with the tutor before the home-tuition demo and during the course of the demo. That said, we are a marketplace connecting tutors and parents. We do not guarantee the suitability of a tutor, either explicitly or implicitly. The choice of tutor, keeping in mind the safety and security of your child, is yours alone. Notwithstanding the above, it is strongly recommended that NO tutoring classes be undertaken in the absence of any parent/guardian. We also advise you to talk to your ward regularly and take feedback about the tutor.
13. How do you ensure high quality tutors?
We do a thorough quality check on subject knowledge and delivery. Our effort is to ensure that your tutor is of high quality. Beyond that, we do not make any further claim. Please note that your need may be different from our assessment and therefore in some situations you may not find a particular tutor suitable. Our counselor will help you find another tutor in such cases.
14. Do you serve children with special needs?
Yes, We have tutors for handling differently abled children. Please let our counselor know your requriements.
15. I have a question, which is not answered here.
Not a problem. You can contact us here or call us on (+91)8095243666